Wednesday, October 10, 2007

How Hard can it Get?

Wow!  Packing my new bike has turned into a 3 ring circus.  Earlier this year, I purchased a Specialized Roubaix Pro bike.  The idea was to get back to a more traditional road bike from my flat bar road bike, which has become my commuter.  I knew the design of the Roubaix was different, but had no idea how difficult it would be to find a cased to pack it in.  The case I used last year with my flat bar bike, was a definite no go.  I searched and found another case at Performance, brought it home, and it is a no go as well.  As my last resort, I made contact with a local bike shop to rent their case.  It is a professional level case, which means it has plenty of room and should work.  The bad news is it is so large; it looks like I’m pulling a small coffin behind me.  I can only hope there is enough room in the PT Cruiser for the case, the luggage and Jana and me at the same time!  I’m glad I started to attempt the packing in advance.

 

No comments: