Thursday, May 31, 2007

A New Toy ... I mean Tool

Well, I have been considering purchasing this new device for some time now and I finally took the plunge. The device is a Garmin Edge 305. It is an all in one bike computer that keeps track of heart rate, cadence, speed, altitude, distance and includes a GPS. You can then easily download all the data into a pretty neat array of software.

The graph is just an example and this particular one shows one of my shorter training ride loops. (You should be able to click on the image to see a larger version.) It is only 24 miles and everything goes fine until around the halfway point and I have to make my way back. Hopefully, by recording my rides in more detail I'll gain a little confidence or at least have a better understanding of the terrain I'm training on. The other nice thing with all this data is surely, I can find some glimmer of improvement somewhere!

No comments: