Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful fourth. We're going to have the classic burger cookout this afternoon, and we're taking the day off from training. Who knows, maybe we'll take in some fireworks this evening.

The good news is the cold (if that's what it was...) was short lived. I was able to avoid missing any of my runs, although this past weekend run was pretty slow even by my standards. I did not get any bike rides into work this week due to scheduling and the short week, but that will change next week.

This morning I was at 184.5 lbs, so my weight seems to be holding around 184. I was hoping to go the other direction, but at least it did not go up several pounds. That sometimes happens to me when I have a cold. I fully buy into the "feed a cold, starve a fever" mantra.

Tomorrow we're scheduled for a 9 mile run. Hopefully it will not be too warm and I will not have eaten too many burgers. Despite being incredibly slow, I do feel I have made some progress. Early this year when training for the Huntington Beach half marathon, I had to alternate walking and running. I am at least able to run continuously now. Granted, it's a slow pace, but I'm moving.

Once again everyone, have a wonderful holiday, and let's hope our amateur fireworks folks show a little judgment this weekend.

No comments: