I failed to mention in my post last week that Jana and I had just returned from North Carolina. It was a great trip where we got to visit my family and enjoy many of the southern foods I love. Unfortunately, the travel portions had to be made on a plane where I managed to pick up a cold. The real symptoms did not kick in until Thursday morning, so I was still able to get several runs in this week. The weekend run was slow (even by my standards) but accomplished none the less. Jana and I also managed to get 3 runs in while we were in NC. Sprinkle in a couple of bicycle commute days to work and the past few weeks were acceptable training weeks. I'm fighting off a bit of a cough but hopefully I'll have that behind me in the next day or two.
I did mention last week that I have a goal of being at 175 lbs by my birthday in September which gives me about 9 weeks. I think I also mentioned that goal is probably already in jeopardy. This morning I weighed in at 184 lbs., but was probably a little dehydrated so I expect that to change tomorrow morning. You would think that 9 pounds in 9 weeks would be a workable goal. Well, stay tuned and we'll see how it goes...
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment