On Monday, the Helms family managed to hit a few milestones. I managed to increment my birthday candles by one (for a total of 44). That is not a particularly impressive feat since it mainly just requires one to keep breathing! But Jana completed her first half marathon by finishing the Disneyland run on Monday as well. If you are interested, check out the results. She did well for her first attempt and did so in sweltering heat. It had to be at least 80 degrees or warmer at the 6:00 AM start time. She is now trying to get me to do the Huntington Beach half marathon in February. The crazy thing is I am considering it!
But, I still have a century to complete. Training is going pretty well. Last weekend I was able to get in a 60 mile ride and this past weekend I managed a 54 and a 20 mile rides on Saturday and Sunday. Those days were not exactly cool either.
I was officially notified yesterday that I have been invited to participate in the Ride for the Roses Weekend again this year based on my fund raising level. Jana and I both are excited about that opportunity. In addition to the century ride in Austin, we get to attend some limited attendance events, and one of which is a small group ride with Lance Armstrong. Quite a treat! Thanks to everyone for your support!
No comments:
Post a Comment