I've spent the last 4 or 5 days fighting off a summer time cold that started as allergies, or so I thought. One thing for certain is that colds stink and I think summer iterations are the worst! I'm pretty much on the back side of it now and was able to ride the bike into work this morning, my first ride since last Saturday. The good news is that is was my fastest time ever for that particular loop. I suppose taking a couple of extra days off really rested my legs. Don't get me wrong, I'm still slower than Christmas, but it was a fast ride for me.
With just over 7 weeks to go, I will be increasing distance this weekend. I'm shooting for at least 60 miles. I also need to increase from there for the next several weeks.
On the weight loss front, I have made a little progress, but only about another pound. I seem to be staying in the 187 to 188 range the last week or two. The good news is the goal of 180 or less by Austin is still a workable option.
More importantly, I thought I would pass along some Livestrong news. You have probably already heard by now, but if not, the Livestrong organization is hosting a presidential candidate debate focused on cancer agendas of the candidates.
From the Livestrong organization:
"As of this week, Democratic candidates Senator Hillary Clinton, Senator John Edwards and Governor Bill Richardson have confirmed their participation for the Democratic LIVESTRONG Presidential Candidate Forum on August 27. Republican candidates Senator Sam Brownback, Governor Mike Huckabee and Governor Tommy Thompson have confirmed their participation in the Republican LIVESTRONG Presidential Candidate Forum on August 28."
It will be carried on MSNBC so, tune in to see what the candidates have planned!
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment