Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Nearing 10 Weeks to Go!

Well, I just checked the calendar and this Saturday will mark the 10 weeks to go mark. My training for the month of July has not been too bad. I was even able to get in a ride or two during some vacation time. During July, we were treated with a visit from my brother and his family who traveled down from the Sacramento area.

The picture posted here is my son Dallas on our trip to Las Vegas. He is turning 16 tomorrow!

As I said, July was actually a pretty good month as mileage goes. In the past 18 months, July was my second highest mileage for a month. The only higher month was last June and that was because that was the month of my 2006 LiveStrong Century.

I have also set another target for this year's LiveStrong century. I want to be at or below 180 pounds the day of the ride. So far, I've managed to drop about 3 to 4 pounds over the last several weeks from 192 to 189. I may not be much faster, but reducing the weight I'm carrying by 12 pounds or more has got to make things a little easier. Over the next 10 weeks, I'll try to post more often to update my progress on both fronts, mileage and weight! Thanks for reading. If you have not had a chance, visit my fund raising site.

No comments: