Well, it has been a few weeks since I last posted. Since I returned from Europe, I had the pleasure of having my son, Dallas, visit from NC for about two weeks. It was unfortunately a short visit, but it was a good visit. Next week, my brother and his family are coming down from central California for a visit, and we're really looking forward to spending some time with him and his family.
I'm still able to get several rides in each week by commuting to work once or twice as well as a longer ride on Saturday and occasionally a Sunday afternoon. This past weekend I was able to get in a 44 miler on Saturday to the beach, and a 25 mile loop on Sunday afternoon. Earlier in the week I rode to work on Tuesday and then a mountain bike ride with my son on July 4th. So all in all, last week was pretty good.
This week I made a partial ride into work, but at mile 16 of 24, I had a flat. Despite having spares, air and patches, a series of unfortunate events, led to me walking a few miles and calling for a pickup ride! I hope to get in a couple of rides this weekend as well.
Over the next week or so I will be making a little more detailed training plan for the 12 week period leading up to LiveStrong ride in Austin. I also must ramp up my fund raising, so watch your inbox for incoming requests!
By the way, training with the Garmin Edge 305 unit is really a treat. I'm still slower than Christmas, but it's really interesting to look at the data. If I can figure how to post a ride and make it available to the viewing public, I'll post one of my less embarrassing endeavors.
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment