
Wow, I can't believe how quickly the time has passed, especially given it has been over TWO months since the last post. A pretty sad blog indeed....
The past 6 weeks have been very busy. The company I work for is building a facility in Suzhou, China and I was there for 2 weeks during this past 6 week period. The picture is from a nightly light show at the lake in Suzhou Industrial Park. It is a very interesting city but I did not fair well on the training front. Since I've returned, I have been doing better. This past Memorial day weekend, I managed 50 miles on Saturday, and then another 21 miles Sunday afternoon The training ride was through Silverado Canyon to Lake Forest and back. I was slow, but I made it. The good news is that they recently posted the profile for the 100 mile ride and it looks like the major climb portion is either through Silverado Canyon or through a very similar one. That at least lets me know I can make the climb.
I am trying to ride about 4 times a week for a total of 7 to 8 hours. Hopefully that, along with the cycling I did before the trip to China will get me through. Unfortunately, my weight loss goal is in trouble. I am riding more, but I am also eating more. I'm still hopeful for some weight loss, but time is slip, slip, slipping away.......
No comments:
Post a Comment