Sunday, March 05, 2006

It's All Up Hill from Here!

This shot was taken with my camera phone on today's ride. This is my 2 miles to go mark. It doesn't matter what route I decide to ride, I'm always greeted by the 2 mile up hill climb to my driveway. It gains 500 feet during the two miles, and while there are other entrance paths, they are steeper! There is the saying that what does not kill you, makes you stronger and I hope that is true. Unfortunately, that hill doesn't seem to be getting any easier!

All in all, this has been a good week, and I am using it as my unofficial kickoff for training and donation gathering. I thank everyone who has been so generous in this first week. I managed to get 4 morning workouts in this week, and the one 30 mile bike ride Sunday afternoon. So, not too bad of a beginning.

I am still contemplating what my time goal for the century will be. I'm reluctant to commit just yet as I am still in the dark about the ride's route. Too many hills could make for a very, very long day. However, I do have a goal to lose 16 lbs by the ride date. Right now, I am at 191, so getting to 174 lbs should make climbing hills a little easier (at least I certainly hope so).

Thanks again for your support!

No comments: