
We did it! Yesterday Jana and I completed the Disneyland half marathon. She was quite a bit faster than I was. She finished in 1:54, and I was in at a little over 2:35. I had hoped to break the 2 and a half hour mark but fought muscle problems. The muscle that was giving me the problem was the one between my ears.
It was quite an event. The event was a sell out. I have not seen the figures for the total number of registrants, but 10,849 completed the event before the time limit expired. I was number 5778 and Jana was number 1002! She was in the top 10 percent.
The run is hard (at least for me) but it is very entertaining and fun to be part of such a large group. We plan to keep participating. We'll post some pictures once we get them. We did not take a camera, but plan on purchasing some from the company who photographed the event.
Now we are taking a couple of days off to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday (the big 45). Then I have to switch gears from running focused to riding. I'll still cross train with some shorter runs during the week, but weekends will be the long rides. I am hoping all the training for running will reap some benefits on the bike! Only time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment